For the fifth and final day of my cookie exchange recap, we have a cookie classic, peanut butter blossoms!
Peanut Butter Blossoms
- 48 Hershey’s Kisses
- 1/2 cup shortening
- 3/4 cup peanut butter
- 1/3 cup granulated sugar
- 1/3 cup packed light brown sugar
- 1 egg
- 2 tablespoons milk
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 1 1/2 all purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- extra granulated sugar for rollling
1. Heat oven to 375°. Remove wrappers from chocolates.
2. Beat shortening and peanut butter in a large bowl until well blended. Add 1/3 cup granulated sugar and brown sugar; beat until fluffy. Add egg, milk, and vanilla, beat well. Stir together flour, baking soda, and salt. Gradually beat into peanut butter mixture.
3. Shape dough into 1 inch balls. Roll in granulated sugar; place on ungreased cookie sheet.
4. Bake 8 to 10 minutes or until lightly browned. Immediately press a chocolate into the center of each cookie, cookie will crack around the edges. Remove from cookie sheet to wire rack to cool completely.