A few years ago, I got this recipe from my friend, Jen, and I was immediately smitten with it. A sweet cheese ball? Awesome!
- 1 package (8 oz) cream cheese, softened
- ½ cup butter, softened
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- ¾ cup confectioners’ sugar
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- ¾ cup miniature semisweet chocolate chips
- 1 cup finely chopped pecans (walnuts work okay, too)
- graham crackers
In a mixing bowl, beat the cream cheese, butter, and vanilla until fluffy. Gradually add sugars, beat just until combined. Stir in chocolate chips. Cover and refrigerate for at least 1 hour. Just before serving, form into ball, mine looked more like a cube, but whatever, and roll in pecans. Serve with graham crackers.
I used to serve it with graham cracker sticks, but I don’t think they make them anymore or at least Busch’s didn’t carry them. Instead, I bought a box of mini graham crackers and boy, were they small! They got the job done as well. I think this would also work well with apple or pear slices if you’d like to a go a slightly healthier route. Or really a spoon would work too.