We’re starting this year off right! So far, I’ve only made soup for dinner. We wanted something light after all our holiday eating. Here’s a list of a bunch of new vegetarian soups we’re planning on trying along with a couple of favorites. I’ll update this post as we try them!
- 30 Minute Tuscan White Bean Soup from Serious Eats
Probably my favorite of the bunch (so far), really easy, really filling, and really delicious! We’ve made it 2 or 3 times already.
- Lentil Soup with Sweet Potatoes and Spinach from Two Peas & Their Pod
This recipe is definitely a keeper! It was very good and filling.
- Easy Minestrone Soup from Two Peas & Their Pod
This soup wasn’t necessarily bad, it was just kinda boring. It was very easy to make, but I don’t think I’d try it again.
- Black Bean Chili with Butternut Squash from Bon Appetit
Made this one this week. It’s thick, spicy, and filling. We’ve been serving it with a little Mexican cheese, crushed tortilla chips, plain Greek yogurt, scallions or pickled jalapenos.
- Mexican Potato Soup from Serious Eats
This soup just didn’t turn out, all it tastes like is onions! And no wonder, you start by pureeing a raw onion and no matter how long you cook the soup, the raw onion flavor does not diminish. If you really wanted to make this soup, I would dice the onions, saute them and then add them to the soup without sticking them in the blender first.
- Green Child Chowder from Homesick Texan
- Nordstrom’s Tomato Basil Soup from Serious Eats
- Red Lentil Soup with Ricotta Dumplings from Albion Cooks
- Black Bean Soup from Smitten Kitchen
- Taco Soup from Ezra Poundcake – we generally make it without the meat and add a can or two of beans instead
- Black Bean and Sweet Potato Soup from Two Peas & Their Pod
We make this soup a lot! It’s really good and it makes a lot. We usually throw in a couple of extra sweet potatoes.