Photo from Morgue File
Tomorrow and Saturday, Dave and I will be baking up a storm! For breakfast on Christmas Day, we’re making the Overnight Monkey Breadfrom Alton Brown. Then for an appetizer before dinner, we’re making the Layered Black Bean Dip from She Wears Many Hats. With dinner, Dave is making both a Stud Muffin from The Bread Bible, which he has made a couple of times before, and Flaky Buttery Crescent Rolls from King Arthur Flour. The stud muffin recipe takes several days to prepare. As it sits in the fridge, it develops a wonderful tangy flavor similar to sourdough.
Every year, I usually make 3 different types of cookies to package up and give to family. This year, I’m trying 3 new recipes: Coconut Orange Pixie Cookies from Natalie’s Killer Cuisine, Samoa Bars from Baking Bites, and Buckeyes from Smitten Kitchen.
Dave’s birthday is the day after Christmas and his two favorite flavors are chocolate and caramel, so this recipe for Dark Chocolate Salted Caramel Layer Cake from Annie’s Eats should do the trick!
Happy Baking! And happy holidays!
- Overnight Monkey Bread from Alton Brown
- Layered Black Bean Dip from She Wears Many Hats
- Stud Muffin from The Bread Bible
- Flaky Buttery Crescent Rolls from King Arthur Flour
- Coconut Orange Pixie Cookies from Natalie’s Killer Cuisine
- Samoa Bars from Baking Bites
- Buckeyes from Smitten Kitchen
- Dark Chocolate Salted Caramel Layer Cake from Annie’s Eats